Friday, September 4, 2015

Pencils DIY

Here are some of the materials I used for this DIY, these were the supplies I initially was told to buy, and then there are some separate materials I found out I needed along the way!

Initially my directions said to buy pencils, paint (craft smart), a thin tip sharpie, and a paint brush,





I had all of these supplies around my house so I was ready to get started, so I thought.

After painting the pencils with a first coat, I realized it would take several coats, 3-4. I had some white spray paint left over from a diy (soon to come) and I sprayed half of my pencils with that and ended up only doing two coats on the one I sprayed!

I also suggest having a couple paper plates, to put paint on, and to lay out the pencils so they can dry and not stick to anything. I made the mistake of setting the pencils to dry on a piece of paper and they dried sticking to it so when I pulled them off, there were bits of paper stuck that I ended up having to rip off and do another coat of paint!


But here are my instructions on how to do this the easiest way possible:

1. Buy all the materials listed above (buy Martha Stuart paint instead of CraftSmart).
2. Start by spray painting the pencils and letting them dry across a paper plate.
3. Get a good amount of paint on your brush and evenly coat the pencils and set them across the plate to dry (repeat with all of the colors).
4. Depending on how thick you layer the paint, wait about an hour and make sure your pencils are dry, give more time if needed.
5. Add another coat if needed.
6. Pick out what you plan to write and trace out letters in pencil first, that way you can erase if you need to.




7. Trace words in Sharpie!>>>

That's it! It is a fairly easy diy and is a perfect lazy day craft, if you try this please comment below about your experience!

xo,
Delaney
@imapreppygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment