Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Goals for 2017

As 2016 comes to a close, it is time I start to focus on myself and my future. No one knows what the next year can bring, but I find that writing down a list of goals will be a constant reminder of what I want my future to hold. My list is not going to be full of goals that I can cross off, (a few of those), but I want to change my life for the better, to live healthier and be happier, for 2017 to be a year that I can look back on and have no regrets, that I can be nothing but content with how this year goes.

1. In 2017, I'm going to meet (in person) 5 other bloggers/ YouTubers.
This isn't something a typical teenager would have on their goals for the upcoming year, however I have met probably close to 10 bloggers (or YouTubers) since I started blogging, so why not meet more?

2. in 2017, I'm going to live an overall healthier life.
In high school, I ran track and I played soccer, I was constantly exercising and as I've gotten busier, exercising regularly has been the thing I have let go. I am not saying I will run every day, but on the days I find that I have no energy or am swamped with school work, I will eat healthier, and do some exercises in my room for 10 minutes. The little things every day are the things that matter. Making small choices like soy milk or skim milk in my coffee can make all the difference.

3. In 2017, I'm going to become more independent.
College has taught me a lot about independence, this being said, I want to take a trip on my own, currently I am looking into taking a trip to England this summer. This is just one example but if i want to see the world, and to do all the things I aspire to do, I need to be independent.

4. In 2017, I'm going to trademark the name of my future company. (this is all I can say for now)

5. In 2017, I'm going to incorporate more make up into my channel/ improve my make up skills.
I have recently been purchasing more make up, as well as watching youtube videos on make up. I really want to incorporate more make up into my channel (nothing crazy), and learn more about it!

6. In 2017, I'm going to take more road trips.
These don't necessarily need to be long distance but I want to travel more, and I've got a car, so why not? I am always seeing pictures on twitter that are cool places to visit in my state, or just a couple hours away. I'm young. I have started a blog and YouTube and have a job, a little adventure can't hurt.

7. In 2017, I'm going to save money.
A few less trips to Starbucks and Chipotle are probably for the best. I will only go to Starbucks if I have an exam/ final, or am working an 8 hour shift. I'm going to try to start thinking of eating at places like these, as a type of rewards system. Then hopefully, I can save some money for traveling, a haul, my trademark, a new website, or make up.

8. In 2017, I'm going to be a more positive person.
I'm not saying that I see myself as negative, but I want to cut down on the little things like complaining, gossip, etc. Truthfully I think that if I cut out these few negative tendencies, I will begin to live a happier, more positive life. In the past year, I have had to cut out some negative people, which was most definitely the right decision for me, this is something I see as my next step to surrounding myself with positive people only. As someone who has been gossiped about and bullied, I see the hurt it can do to a person, and theres no need to bring anyone down.

9. In 2017, I'm going to remain focused on what important, to avoid distraction.
It is extremely easy for me to be distracted by boys, by parties, by life, as it really can be overwhelming. I am currently living in a new city, at a new school, surrounded by (mostly) new people. It is easy to find a party to avoid reality, it is easy to choose to go out instead of rest or study or blog or film. I want to find my way, to reach my goals, to become one of the best at what I do, to strengthen my relationship with God, with my family, and with the people who matter. I want to remain focused on these, rather than allow myself to be distracted by college life. Does this mean I'll never go out, no. However its all about making the right choices and prioritizing the important things.

10. In 2017, I'm going to maintain a regular schedule.
This year I want to blog every Wednesday (or more), to upload a video every Saturday (or more), and to have a weekly photoshoot, and brainstorming session for what is next to come on my blog or channel. I also want to maintain a regular sleep schedule, by (attempting) to go to bed and wake up at the same times on a daily basis. This also means using my planner everyday for everything.

XX, Delaney Hogg


No comments:

Post a Comment