Monday, December 19, 2016

College Life Update: Boys, Sorority Life, Work

I am finally on my winter break from college, my first semester is finished and I am honestly just happy to have it over with. I thought I would fill you all in on how my first semester went and how my life is going right now. I've been extremely busy, and not staying true to schedule but I am hoping to have that fixed as soon as possible.

College Life:
 Boys, Work, Sorority Life, Dorm Room

Sorority Life:
   As a recap of my first semester as an Alpha Xi Delta, I went through rush of 10 sororities, ran home to my sister Oakleigh, and am happy to call this chapter mine. We did big little in the middle of October and my big is named Sam, she's from NOVA, loves dogs, is a vegetarian, and will probably be featured in something sometime soon. My twin is named Mackenzie, she did cheerleading for CCU and transferred to ECU and is super sweet. My Gbig and GGbig are amazing and I only wish I had more time to get to know them (Lauren is my Gbig and Reagan is my GGbig). 
              
  I spent a lot of this semester preparing for initiation. All of the new members had to learn the history of the chapter and of the sorority nationally. We had to learn about the founders and our symbols, where we were founded, etc. Every week I had to go to a meeting to learn about the history and all the other Delta Nu's were there too. A couple older sisters did a great job teaching us all of the information that we needed to know. Once we knew all of the information, we took a test in order to be initiated. Now I am a proudly an initiated sister of Alpha Xi Delta!

Boys:

Currently I am not dating anyone, no boyfriend or anything. I am currently in a place in my life where I want to focus on myself, recover from my (not so) recent break up, and really focus all my energy into my future, my grades, working and into my blog. My last relationship has taught me a lot about what I hope to find in a man, and also what my needs are. My last break up hit me hard, and it is never easy for me to stop talking to someone. But I've learned a lot from it and I am thankful for that. My last relationship has truly made me realize what I deserve and my self worth. The man of my dreams will make time for me, be motivated, kind, funny, and will support me in anything I  do, whilst still having his own aspirations in life. I will conclude this section with this : I am still waiting for Mr. Right to make his way into my life.

Living in a Dorm:

This is, to say the least, not a luxury. Living in a dorm has taught me to be tidier in general, you can never have enough cleaning supplies, to cook noodles in a microwave, to work at your desk to develop good working habits, and what food is available to delivered to my dorm. I lived with one roommate, and that did not work out. We had our differences when it came to cleanliness, disagreements about how often people could be in the room, and our personalities just didn't click well. This is normal in college and I've met a lot of people who have had similar experiences. 

Luckily, I became really close with my next door neighbors, they welcomed me into their room whenever I needed to be away from mine, we shared many insomnia cookie dates and lots of laughing and funny conversations. One of my neighbors, Jordan decided to move into the Chi Omega house for the second semester, and when my roommate moved out, Miranda, my other next door neighbor, moved in. Although Miranda and I haven't spent a night together yet. We hang out almost every day, we eat at Noodles and Co, and Zoey's Kitchen, we shop together and make trips to the dining hall and gym together (she makes me go).

Work:

Currently, because I am a seasonal employee at Lilly Pulitzer, I am back to work for the month of December and a small portion of January. I have scheduled for 30 hours this past week and the current week, which is why I have been a little short on uploads and a little out of schedule. 30 Hours is the maximum number of hours that I can work in a week as a Part time/ Seasonal employee, and with all the holiday traffic in the mall, it can get to be quite exhausting. I have only managed to buy 4 pieces since I've been back and I will take that as a win because there are SO many thing that I want in the store right now.

I'm sure there will be more life update posts in the future and I hope you enjoyed.

xx, Delaney




No comments:

Post a Comment